Senior Financial Controller
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsFinance
Road is a fast-growing software company active in the dynamic electric driving (EV) market. We deliver the critical infrastructure that the EV charging ecosystem is built on. We do this through a purpose-built software platform supported by our unique expertise and world-class customer service. Road currently serves 20% of the Dutch market and we have firmly set our sights on repeating this success internationally. We exist at the intersection of cleantech and fintech and our mission is to make EV charging effortless for everyone.
About the Role
We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Financial Controller that is energized by putting their sleeves up and digging into the full financial records at Road. Do you like your voice to be heard and leave your own signature over companies’ financial processes? Are you a detail focused person that ensures accurate execution of tasks? Do you like to perform a variety of controlling activities? Then, you are at the right place
Your Responsibilities Include
Ensure a timely and accurate month-end closure
Ensure the correctness of all ledgers in terms of period, cost allocation and accounting policy.
Review and analyse monthly P&L and Balance Sheet statements for accuracy.
Review and report on the departments’ monthly budgets vs actuals.
Improve and professionalise our internal control framework.
Ensure full reconciliation between a variety of tools.
Take full responsibility of the annual audit.
Teach and guide junior team members on accounting and controlling principles.
Improve overall controlling work steam to reach more efficient and accurate financial reporting.
What do we value in our candidates?
Master’s degree in accounting/finance/controlling required (RC/RA is a plus).
Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and/or IFRS.
5+ years of business controlling experience.
Excellent communication skills in English (Dutch is a Plus).
Background in Fintech/scale-up is a plus.
"Big Four" experience is a plus.
Free from the confines of a 9-5 mentality.
What do we offer in addition to your salary?
- Join our mission-driven organization, leading innovation in a dynamic international and ambitious environment. Take ownership, leverage your expertise, and make a meaningful impact while advancing your career.
- 8% Pension allowance paid monthly with the freedom to invest at your discretion.
- This role is entitled to the company's SAR program: you get a claim right linked to the value development of Road because success is best when shared!
- We believe you have to recharge too! This is why you are entitled to our ‘fair use holiday policy’
- Travel allowance, Travel reimbursement, or an electric bicycle;
- All the technology and business tools to succeed
- Daily varied and healthy food options for lunch, all for free. And of course drinks at our own Road bar;
- Besides working on our mission together, we like to have fun and connect with social events and team-building activities. Check out pictures of our ski trip this year!
- Personal training and development opportunities
- Referral program
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Sport program 2 days per week (boot camp & yoga)
More about us
We believe in being open-minded and challenging ourselves to continuously strive for the best results. We are transitioning from start-up to scale-up which requires a more structured and process-driven approach to reach the next stage of our growth. As the world scales up to meet the EV charging demand, we’re ready for this once-in-a-century mobility revolution. Are you ready to help us grow and make EV charging effortless for everyone? Join our team of 135+ colleagues working in our Amsterdam HQ.
Want to know more about our company vision, culture or career growth opportunities? Have a look at our careers site https://careers.road.io/