Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsFinance
Road is a fast-growing software company active in the dynamic electric driving (EV) market. We deliver the critical infrastructure that the EV charging ecosystem is built on. We do this through a purpose-built software platform supported by our unique expertise and world-class customer service. Road currently serves 20% of the Dutch market and we have firmly set our sights on repeating this success internationally. We exist at the intersection of cleantech and fintech and our mission is to make EV charging effortless for everyone.
About the role
Do you like to perform a variety of accounting activities? Are you a detail junkie that ensures the accurate execution of tasks? Do you like your voice to be heard and leave your own signature over companies’ financial processes? Then, you are at the right place!
We are looking for a detail-oriented Financial Accountant who is energized by putting their sleeves up and digging into the full financial records at Road. You will be reporting into the VP of Finance as part of a dynamic team that manages the daily finance operations for multiple entities. Your responsibilities vary from timely registration of transactions to engaging in cross-functional projects and delivery of vital financial data to the leadership team. Besides the daily routines, there is a strong focus on improving global processes.
If you are looking to develop your career in an exciting international scale-up environment in the electric vehicle industry with the purpose of taking ownership of your workflow and having the ability to manage competing priorities whilst inspiring and challenging our team then we’d love to hear from you.
Your responsibilities include:
Execute full scope of AR/AP from billing to JE bookings to executing payments, bank reconciliation, and credit control.
Ensure an accurate month-end closing
Perform data checks to ensure the accuracy of our records and keeping specifications and sub-administrations up-to-date at all times in order to be accountable for the reliability of reports
Ensure timely communication and follow-up with stakeholders
Develop & maintain accounting policies and procedures.
Actively drive continuous process improvements and innovations
What do we value in our candidates?
Bring structure into a chaotic day-to-day environment
Strong communicator who is proactive, dynamic and willing to step in and help out when necessary
Challenge the way tasks are performed to move to operational excellence
A true team player with a high impact as an individual contributor
Get energy from a high-paced dynamic working environment - We are scaling up and rather do things today than tomorrow.
Strong EXCEL skills
Accurate, analytical and an independent worker with multitasking talent; jump from one task to another and enjoy doing so :-)
The experience we value:
Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance/business administration required.
5+ years of accounting/finance experience.
Excellent communication skills in English (Dutch is a Plus)
Background in Fintech is a plus.
What do we offer in addition to your salary?
- Join our mission-driven organization, leading innovation in a dynamic international and ambitious environment. Take ownership, leverage your expertise, and make a meaningful impact while advancing your career.
- 8% Pension allowance paid monthly with the freedom to invest at your discretion.
- This role is entitled to the company's SAR program: you get a claim right linked to the value development of Road because success is best when shared!
- We believe you have to recharge too! This is why you are entitled to our ‘fair use holiday policy’
- Travel allowance, Travel reimbursement, or an electric bicycle;
- All the technology and business tools to succeed
- Daily varied and healthy food options for lunch, all for free. And of course drinks at our own Road bar;
- Besides working on our mission together, we like to have fun and connect with social events and team-building activities. Check out pictures of our ski trip last year!
- Personal training and development opportunities
- Referral program
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Sport program 2 days per week (boot camp & yoga).
More about us
We believe in being open-minded and challenging ourselves to continuously strive for the best results. We are transitioning from start-up to scale-up which requires a more structured and process-driven approach to reach the next stage of our growth. As the world scales up to meet the EV charging demand, we’re ready for this once-in-a-century mobility revolution. Are you ready to help us grow and make EV charging effortless for everyone? Join our team of 185+ colleagues working in our Amsterdam HQ.
Want to know more about our company vision, culture or career growth opportunities? Have a look at our careers site https://careers.road.io/