Business Development Manager - Spain
RemoteMadrid, Comunidad de Madrid, SpainSales
Road is a fast-growing software company active in the dynamic electric driving (EV) market. We deliver the critical infrastructure that the EV charging ecosystem is built on. We do this through a purpose-built software platform supported by our unique expertise and world-class customer service. Road currently serves 20% of the Dutch market and we have firmly set our sights on repeating this success internationally. We exist at the intersection of cleantech and fintech and our mission is to make EV charging effortless for everyone.
To achieve our goal, we are looking for a Business Development Manager - Spain
About the role
As Business Development Manager - Spain you will be responsible for assigned accounts for existing and future customers. Your role is to advise your customers on how our Road.io SaaS solution could help with managing their installed chargers and eMobility Payment infrastructure. Our future BDM will be actively managing customer relationships while pursuing prospects in order to build the pipeline in the Spanish market and grow the business by closing new deals. As Business Development Manager you are responsible for the commercial success of your customer & prospect base. You determine how to make the set business objectives by determining your own objectives and key results based on data insights and customer feedback.
You report directly to the Country Manager - Spain and play a key role in our global growth together with the rest of the international sales department led by our Vice President Sales. Your Sales Operations colleagues, together with Support, Marketing, and Product teams will help you along the way.
The person we are looking for is strongly motivated, curious, and eager to learn. A desire to take on new challenges in an environment that is experiencing rapid growth and change will take you far with us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage (key) accounts as well as Spanish top resellers
- Engage assigned prospects to penetrate and strengthen your market position
- Define OKRs for you to be successful in achieving your goals
- Create a yearly plan to execute and record (CRM) your sales activities in a mix of touchpoints (event, meeting, mail, phone, etc.)
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date pipeline on our CRM
- Record qualitative customer interactions for your customers and prospects on CRM
- Measure your success weekly by analyzing sales reports and provide updates to your Country Manager on progress, risks, and opportunities
- Provide excellent communication acting as primary liaison for all your stakeholders (Customers, Resellers, Customer Success, Support, Marketing, Product)
- Excellent understanding of commercial processes
- Business sense and the ability to grasp the needs of our customers is a must
- Results-oriented working style, from plan to detailed implementation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible attitude and ability to work in a scale-up environment
- Great with people – you are awesome with people of all backgrounds
- A team player that is fun to work with
- Self-starting, high degree of independence
What do we value in our candidate?
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Sales or Business Development
- Previous experience in selling software-based solutions B2B is preferred
- Knowledge of modern SaaS solutions will be helpful in adopting
- Fluent in business English & Spanish
- Working experience in an international business or environment
- Willingness to travel frequently across Spain
- Free from the confines of a 9-5 mentality
What do we offer in addition to your salary?
Join our mission-driven organization, leading innovation in a dynamic international and ambitious environment. Take ownership, leverage your expertise, and make a meaningful impact while advancing your career.
A chance to make a difference in a sustainable and self-starting organization
A young dynamic ambitious team. Besides hard work, we like to have fun with social events and team-building activities
This role is entitled to participate in the company SAR program at the corresponding level
We believe you have to recharge too! This is why you are entitled to our ‘fair use holiday policy’
A laptop and phone
Lease car budget
Besides working on our mission together, we like to have fun and connect with social events and team-building activities. Check out pictures of our ski trip this year!
Personal training and development opportunities
More about us
We believe in being open-minded and challenging ourselves to continuously strive for the best results. We are transitioning from start-up to scale-up which requires a more structured and process-driven approach to reach the next stage of our growth. As the world scales-up to meet the EV charging demand, we’re ready for this once-in-a-century mobility revolution. Are you ready to help us grow and make EV charging effortless for everyone? Join our team of 135+ colleagues working in our Amsterdam HQ.
Want to know more about our company vision, culture or career growth opportunities? Have a look at our careers site https://careers.road.io/